Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Elianna stnds...and other news

Little Miss El isn't quite pulling up yet, but will stand holding on to a toy if I stand her up. Doesn't she look so proud?!

Elianna has quite the sense of humor. She did this at a playdate when she tasted something cold, and she got such a reaction that she decided it is a fun thing to do to make people laugh!



On a side note, my cloth diaper business probably isn't going to happen. I've been making them for myself, my SIL (Tina, I'm almost done and will be sending a box soon!) and a friend and am realizing that it is SO time consuming. I just can't imagine having the time to raise a family (alone right now) and sew diapers to sell. But I stumbled upon another sewing business quite by accident :) I made this pillow for Everett's teacher for Christmas. She loved it so much that she gave me a picture of her adorable son and asked for 2 pillows. She bought the material and I made these for her:


(face blurred because I didn't ask permission to post his image)


I've been having fun coming up with ideas, and here's something I made last night:


It is a door pillow with Elianna's birth announcement- although I think next time I'll use something more vibrant! I think it turned out pretty well. I've decided to get a table at the April craft fair with some products (samples of these custom pillows plus some generic ones with a clear window that you can slip a photo into).

I already have an order for a couple of pillows and hope that word of mouth will keep me busy!










No comments: