Saturday, August 16, 2008

A bad day for Everett

Everett had a hard day on Thursday. First we went to the fabric store (I got my new sewing machine- I can't wait to make something with it!). They have those small shopping carts (like at Michael's). Everett kept trying to stand on the side of the cart, almost tipping it over, while we were shoppping. I kept telling him to stop, that he could fall and hurt himself. Well, while I was checking out, I turned my back for a minute and heard a crash and then Everett screaming. I turned to find him on the floor with the cart on top of him! He had a huge marble-sized lump on the upper left side of his forehead. I took this picture when we got home, about 30 min after the accident (the swelling had already gone down pretty well by then so it's tough to see):
Poor kid!
We spent a little time at home and then met a friend and her two kids at the park. Everyone was playing nicely. It got to be time to leave, so my friend and I started gathering up our stuff. The kids had taken their shoes off and Everett hadn't put his back on yet (sandals). All 4 kids were playing around a decorative bed and once again I heard Everett screaming. My friend's 2 year old son had picked up a large rock and accidentally dropped it on Everett's big toe! It was bleeding like a stuck pig so I couldn't really assess how bad it was. It had pretty much stopped bleeding by the time we got home. I struggled with him to get it clean, but upon inspection I decided it was just a flesh wound and he'd survive :) Here it is, all cleaned up:

It's no longer bothering him and I don't even think he'll lose the toenail. His head now just has a nice bruise (although pretty light), so he's no worse for the wear.

That's my boy!!

No comments: